After a week filled with problems at work, unruly kids and Steve being out of town, we were headed to the airport to pick Steve up and Joshua took the time to explain to Sarah and I how God uses tape.
He explained very matter of factly, that "God uses tape to keep us all together. We cannot see it or feel it but, it is there. He uses it to put people together. He uses it to tape animals to people, cars to people, kids to people, houses to people. God chooses what we are taped to. We don't decide. He does."
I asked him how he learned this, was it as sunday school? He simply replied..."when God taped me to you in your belly he explained to me that he would use tape in my life".
I was amazed at how right Joshua had been with his explanation of God's Tape.
God has given me so much; taped so many things to me in my life. It has been my actions and my choices as to whether or not I remove the tape or break away from the tape, but, ultimately.... i'm taped. Sometimes, it is God who is removing the tape, he knows what i need and what i don't.
When Steve got home I asked Joshua to share his story about God's Tape. After explaining it, Steve asked Joshua if he still talks to God. Joshua replied "yes" and Steve asked if God talks back, Joshua simply said "sometimes".
We went to church today and Pastor Johns message was delivered using the text from Colossians 1. I was once again amazed at how right Joshua's story of God's Tape was. What Joshua was explaining in a way we can all understand is Colossians 1:17 'He is before all things, and in him all things hold together'
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment